DF Adult Panel Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking Attendees

5 posters

Go down

Speaking Attendees Empty Speaking Attendees

Post by maxinefrances Tue 19 Mar 2013 - 22:09

Hi all,

As agreed, I've been in touch with Nicola W. and Victoria B. about speaking.
I've had an enthusiastic yes from Nicky, provided she doesn't have to stay overnight (it'll be a 5/6-hour trip for her from Colchester via public transport and she has two young children at home). I'm guessing it'll be doable if we slot her in for a time that's not too early or late (say early afternoon)??
Haven't heard from Victoria yet.

maxinefrances

Back to top Go down

Speaking Attendees Empty Re: Speaking Attendees

Post by Richard T Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 6:26

Excellent, well done Maxine
It is around 3 hours each way and if she books early it should be less than £100 so doable.

Zac is enquiring of the DEA today and Kate Esser has said yes so even if Victoria says no we have a good variety of speakers including those from the group.

Richard T

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete K Fri 22 Mar 2013 - 23:42

Excellent news....

Pete K

Back to top Go down

Post by maxinefrances Fri 22 Mar 2013 - 23:47

Just to confirm, still no word from Victoria Biggs. I contacted her through Facebook. There's a tick next to the message which means she's seen it - it's possible she read it and then forgot. Unfortunately I don't have her email address. Does anyone?

maxinefrances

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete K Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 0:12

I got an email off Zach to say his DEA is on board and happy to speak.

Pete K

Back to top Go down

Post by maxinefrances Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 0:21

Excellent!

maxinefrances

Back to top Go down

Post by maxinefrances Wed 27 Mar 2013 - 5:11

Hi

Good news! I've had a positive response from Victoria! I'm going to be lazy and cut and paste her reply as I'm whacked today. Thoughts, anyone??

I will be in the UK in November and I'd be happy to take part in the conference. If I were to speak about dyspraxia and creativity, I'd rather do a practical writing/storytelling workshop than give a talk on it. Would this be possible? It might be a bit difficult to facilitate, though, as I'd imagine that a lot of people present would need to type rather than write, and it's the sort of thing that takes up time.
I will have a think about what else I could talk about.

maxinefrances

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard T Wed 27 Mar 2013 - 10:41

Brilliant brilliant brilliant,
We can do something, come on the creative dyspraxics lets have lots of ideas!!!!!

Richard T

Back to top Go down

Post by maxinefrances Wed 27 Mar 2013 - 10:46

My gut response to Vicky was that she's a braver woman than me to attempt workshopping! Workshopping = sequencing = arrgh! I know she does them well, though, as she has taught in Palestine, which, let's face it, is a bit more challenging than a conference in Birmingham! Similarly, I know Nicky does some writing workshops in her hometown on autobiographical writing. Perhaps someday when I've had a lot more "creative" writing formally published I'll do something similar. Anyway, I'm so glad we've got them both!

maxinefrances

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard T Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 4:06

I met with Melanie Jameson today. She is happy to speak on anything including the positives of Cognitive differences which would match with creativity. She would of course also talk about the justice system.

I think we are now clear as to who our pool of speakers are , now we need to structure the programme to be exciting, relevant, attractive to attendees who will pay as well as supporting the adult community.

Can we brainstorm some more ideas?

My suggestion for starters is for Janet to do a standup at lunchtime. Downside is the exhibitors want to see punters then.

Richard T

Back to top Go down

Post by maxinefrances Thu 28 Mar 2013 - 4:24

Big YES to the standup idea!

maxinefrances

Back to top Go down

Post by JanetTaylor Thu 4 Apr 2013 - 0:04

I rather concentrate on Promoting our book in the break. Don Bizwas is a good Dyspraxic standup comedian, although he might need paying. I can facebook him if you like.

I could chair the conference I've chaired both DF & DANDA Adult conferences before.

JanetTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by eleanorhowes Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 1:55

Great reesponse to date, Nicky is an old friend of the DF and a great speaker. Know she has two children now but we have supported several of her projects so glad she is happy to help. And good news about Vicky and we can always have another room for a workshop if needed. Well done Maxine!

eleanorhowes

Back to top Go down

Post by eleanorhowes Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 1:55

I think Janet should do standup too!

eleanorhowes

Back to top Go down

Post by JanetTaylor Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 2:08

As I said before Eleanor Id rather promote the book. ID have to keep my set clean at a professional conference. Not sure if my executive functioning can stretch to that, when focusing on other things at the conference, I might accidently revert back into my rude set.

JanetTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum